Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From Wine Bar Food
Make and share this Pork Ribs With Garlic, Chilies and Tomato recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 lbs country-style pork ribs
- 8 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 2 (24 ounce) jars tomato puree
- 1⁄2 cup pickled pepper, such as spicy cherry peppers
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Season ribs with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large roasting pan on top of stove over medium heat.
- Add olive oil and heat for 1 minute.
- Add ribs to pan and brown on all sides, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and brown for 1 minute more.
- Remove the ribs and garlic from pan and transfer to a large plate.
- Drain excess fat from pan, return ribs and garlic to pan.
- Add tomato puree and enough water to cover ribs.
- Transfer to oven and braise until the meat is tender, about 2 1/2 hours.
- Add chilies and cook for 30 minutes.
- Transfer ribs to platter, ladle sauce and chilies over ribs and serve.
- Ribs can be refrigerated in the sauce for up to 3 days. Reheat before serving.
Talk about tender and flavorful ribs!!!! These are wonderful and the meat melts off the bone!!! I used cherry peppers and they gave it a great zing that was perfect!! Thank you so much for posting, I loved these ribs!!!!!!!!!