Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From Wine Bar Food
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 lbs country-style pork ribs
- 8 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 2 (24 ounce) jars tomato puree
- 1⁄2 cup pickled pepper, such as spicy cherry peppers
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Season ribs with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a large roasting pan on top of stove over medium heat.
- Add olive oil and heat for 1 minute.
- Add ribs to pan and brown on all sides, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and brown for 1 more minute.
- Drain excess fat from pan.
- Add tomato puree and enough water to just cover the ribs.
- Transfer to oven and cook until meat is tender, 2 1/2 hours.
- Add chilies and cook an additional 30 minutes.
- Transfer ribs to plate, ladle sauce and chilies over ribs.
- Ribs can be refrigerated in the sauce for up to 3 days. Reheat before serving.