Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is the best barbecued rib recipe I and my colleagues have ever tasted. I have given this recipe away so many times that I know it off by heart! I usually make double the amount and end up serving the neighbourhood. Children as well as adults love these ribs. They are as good cold as when first prepared.
- 1 kg pork side ribs or 1 kg back ribs
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice (for an interesting variation try lime juice)
- 1⁄3 cup seasoning salt
- 1 cup oyster sauce
- fresh ground black pepper
- Mix the lemon juice, seasoned salt and oyster sauce together in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Pour over ribs, add fresh gound pepper to taste.
- Marinate the ribs in the oyster sauce mixture for 5 hours or overnight.
- Grill ribs under the broiler of your oven or on the barbecue until ribs are cooked throughout.
- If doing on the barbecue turn frequently and barbecue on low to prevent burning.
1/3 c salt is a lot!
Doubled the lemon juice, doubled the oyster sauce and cut the seasoned salt to 2 TBS. and my kids complained about it being to salty.