Recipe by szabo5
I tasted a dish that was named, "Ragu" in my favorite Hungarian restaurant, and made my own version from memory. This is a great way to spice up a simple pork cutlet, and have a delicious sauce that you can pour over pasta. For an added touch, you can add sour cream at the end.
- 4 -6 pork cutlets, pounded thin
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- 1 teaspoon chicken, buillion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Quickly fry each side of pounded pork cutlet that has been salted to taste in a deep, non-stick frying pan. Fry each in a single layer, and set aside in bowl if frying several cutlets.
- Return cutlets to frying pan, and add onion, pepper, peas, spices and water. Cover pan and let simmer on low for 15-30 minutes until vegetables are cooked, making sure water is always covering food.
- Stir cornstarch with some water in measuring cup, and add to pan to thicken the sauce.