Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A delectable sauce to serve over gnocchi (I prefer potato gnocchi).
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium leek, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb pork, cut in small pieces
- 3⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 can tomatoes, diced,with juices
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lb gnocchi, cooked
- 1⁄4 lb ricotta cheese
- Saute vegetables in oil until browned.
- Add meat and brown well.
- Pour in red wine and add tomatoes, sugar and bay leaf.
- Cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix gnocchi with ricotta and pour sauce over.
Very good and a different way to use cubed pork! The one change I made was I added some water to the sauce (about 1 cup) as I was worried it would be too thick--however I think this would have been fine without the additional water. This is the first time I ever had gnocchi and it was really a good alternative to pasta, which I think this sauce would also be good over. Thanks for sharing!