Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I call this slop because it is a nice one-dish meal, but it isn't soup or stew. It's Slop! It has some Thai flavor with the coconut oil and green curry paste. This is a good recipe for ground pork, and works for our Primal family. I made it up one night because I couldn't find any ground pork recipes that I wanted to make that would fit our diet. It is also Paleo-friendly. The list of spices is long and eclectic, but trust me, it works!
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch cayenne powder (optional, you could use any heat you like, though)
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 -2 cup red pepper, chunked up
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- Brown pork over med-high heat in a large skillet with the chopped onions.
- Add spices and cook for a minute or two to let them become aromatic. Add curry paste and soy sauce and again cook for a minute or two.
- Turn heat to med or low, and stir in coconut milk and peppers. Let this mixture cook for a few minutes to let the peppers soften.
- Stir in spinach and add salt to taste. Cook til spinach is as tender as you like.
- Tada! Easy peasy lemon squeezy!