I call this slop because it is a nice one-dish meal, but it isn't soup or stew. It's Slop! It has some Thai flavor with the coconut oil and green curry paste. This is a good recipe for ground pork, and works for our Primal family. I made it up one night because I couldn't find any ground pork recipes that I wanted to make that would fit our diet. It is also Paleo-friendly. The list of spices is long and eclectic, but trust me, it works!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch cayenne powder (optional, you could use any heat you like, though)
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 1/2-1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 -2 cup red pepper, chunked up
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- 1Brown pork over med-high heat in a large skillet with the chopped onions.
- 2Add spices and cook for a minute or two to let them become aromatic. Add curry paste and soy sauce and again cook for a minute or two.
- 3Turn heat to med or low, and stir in coconut milk and peppers. Let this mixture cook for a few minutes to let the peppers soften.
- 4Stir in spinach and add salt to taste. Cook til spinach is as tender as you like.
- 5Tada! Easy peasy lemon squeezy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork "Slop"
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 659.1
- Calories from Fat 388
- Total Fat 43.1 g
- Saturated Fat 22.2 g
- Cholesterol 109.0 mg
- Sodium 206.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 36.4 g
- Protein 27.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green curry paste