Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
There are a lot of steps, but well worth the end result.
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (3/4-1 lb) pork tenderloin
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 4 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 4 tablespoons spicy brown mustard, plus more for serving
- 6 ounces baked ham, thinly sliced
- 3 dill pickles, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 8 ounces provolone cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
- coarse salt
- Use garlic and salt to make a paste.
- In a small bowl, combine with 1/4 teaspoon pepper and the oil.
- Rub all over pork.
- Preheat grill to high; oil grates.
- Place pork on hottest part of grill; cover.
- Cook, turning occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part registers 155°F 10 to 20 minutes.
- Let rest 5 minutes; thinly slice across the grain.
- Meanwhile, place onion slices on cooler part of grill; cover.
- Cook, turn once, until soft and beginning to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce grill to medium-low.
- Spread 1 tablespoon mustard on each tortilla, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
- Divide evenly, layer half of each tortilla with ham, pork, onion, pickles, and cheese.
- Fold tortillas; press to close.
- Lightly oil grates.
- Place quesadillas on grill; cover.
- Cook, turning once, until browned in spots and cheese has melted, about 4 minutes.
- Cut into wedges; serve immediately.