Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The combination might sound a bit strange, but this is a delicious Asian-style dumpling using a classic combination... especially good when served with my soy-ginger dipping sauce! Source: Chef Sandy Patterson
- 1 lb ground pork
- 10 pitted prunes, diced
- 1 spring onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- dumpling wrappers or wonton skins
- Combine all ingredients, mix thoroughly.
- Use approximately 1 tablespoon filling per dumpling.
- Place filling in middle of wrap and crimp to seal.
- Steam on a rack or in a bamboo steamer for about 10 minutes or until cooked through, or pan-fry till done.
Very easy recipe to make. Excellent tasting dumplings. Substituted dry sherry for the sake and added chopped garlic. I made them by steaming and by pan frying. They tasted good both ways. Thanks for the recipe