Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Real comfort food. Rich, bold flavour. Easily doubled.
- 10 ounces pork, cubes
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut in sticks
- 1 (19 ounce) can plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 leek, diced
- 2 tablespoons dried herbs (Oregano, thyme & marjoram) or 2 tablespoons herbes de provence
- 12 black kalamata olives, pitted
- Coat pork with flour seasoned with salt & pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Brown cubes 3- 4 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic saute for 2 minutes.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Pour in wine.
- Bring to a boil, cover & simmer 35 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer another 20 minutes.
- Serve with garlic mashed potatoes.
This was excellent! I left out the leeks and olives because my family does not like those ingredients, but otherwise, I cooked it as indicated. We served it with crusty French bread rather than potatoes.