Recipe by Sky Hostess
I found this recipe in a magazine a few years back. The flavor is fantastic. The green enchilada sauce, lime juice and cilantro really give this dish alot of flavor. Serve with warm tortillas and your favorite salsa.
Top Review by Gail the Chef
Wow, wow, wow! Was this good! Halved the recipe and used pork loin chops. Added some red pepper because my enchilada sauce was mild. Gotta have it spicy. This is going in rotation!
- 1 (28 ounce) can hominy, drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork loin roast
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice (1 lime)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except pork, cilantro and lime juice.
- Place pork in slow cooker and spoon hominy mixture over top. Cover and cook on low 7 to 9 hours or until pork is tender.
- Remove pork to a cutting board. Stir cilantro and lime juice into mixture in cooker. Shred pork into bite size pieces and return to cooker.
- Heat through and ladle into bowls.