Recipe by Katha
Originally saw something like this looking through a little cookbook on line at the grocery store. Did't get the book but did make a good dinner.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lb leftover pork, cubed or bite size slices
- 1 cup carrot, julienned
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 4 -5 medium potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 3 tablespoons chicken, instant boullin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add carrots& onions cook about 5 minutes.
- Add cooked pork, cook& stir about 1 minute.
- Add potatoes, bouillon,spices,4 cups of water& cider vinegar, mix well& simmer covered.
- After about 15 minutes add cabbage mix well.
- Simmer 15 more minutes stirring occasionally.
- In measuring cup mix until well blended the 1/4 cup water& flour.
- Add to stew mix well.
- Cover& simmer about 10 minutes more or until stew is thickened.
- Serves 6.