Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are fabulous! I love the ones at TGIF's and these are even better! They are so easy to make! We just love them! Great appetizer to make ahead for a party. Just heat them slighty in a microwave before serving and use a fondue pot to keep the dipping sauce warm on your table. Everyone will gobble them up them!
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 clove crushed garlic
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 pinch salt (be careful the soy sauce is already quite salty)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (10 ounce) packages wonton wrappers
Ingredients for dipping sauce
- 8 ounces soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 chopped green onion (just the green part)
- Mix all ingredients together, by hand, in a large bowl.
- Fill wonton wrappers with approximately 1-1 1/2 teaspoons filling.
- Fold Wonton over the filling making a half moon shape Press edges and moisten with a little water for better adhering.
- Saute in Peanut oil on medium heat till bottoms are golden.
- Add enough chicken broth to barely cover wontons.
- Cover and simmer approximately 8 minutes.
- Serve immediately with some dipping sauce.
- I have given you measurements but I usually just wing it like this: 2 parts soy sauce, 1 part rice vinegar, a little grated ginger and some chopped green onion.