Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A simple way to prepare Pork -- kid friendly, too!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes with juice (canned)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- Rinse the pork chops and pat them dry.
- Heat the oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Place in skillet and cook turning them once, till they are nicely browned ( approximately 10 minutes) Transfer to plate and sprinkle with Salt and Pepper.
- Add Garlic to skillet and cook for about 45 seconds (don't Burn). Add the tomatoes, oregano crushed red pepper flakes ~optional~ and pinch of salt. Simmer till thickened approximately 15 minutes.
- Return the Pork Chops to the pan and cook through for approx 10 minutes (Juice should run clear if pierced with fork).
- Place the motzarella slices on top of each pork chop, cover the pan and remove it from the heat. Let stand for about a minute till cheese melts. Can garnish each pork chop with tomatoes from skillet.