Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Pork Pie II
- 2 lbs lean pork, ground
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 italian sweet sausage
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 large onion, grated
- ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie
- Roll out dough to fit a 9 inch pie plate. Place ground pork, rosemary, bread crumbs, parsley, and onion in a medium-size bowl; mix until well blended.
- Remove casings from sausage, and crumble into the mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese into the bottom of pie shell.
- Spread pork mixture on top of cheese, and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
- Place top crust over filling, and crimp the edges together.
- Bake at 500 degrees F (260 degrees C) for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Makes 1 - 9 inch pie.