Prep 25 hrs
Cook 24 hrs
Very delicious. A recipe from Stephany D'Souza from my Mother's recipe book. I buy a pork roast with fat and skin and dice it. The fat and skin are a delicacy in pork pickle and were reserved for vips and honored guests.
- 1⁄2 kg pork, cubes with fat and skin
- 1 ounce ginger paste
- 1 ounce garlic paste
- 1 ounce hot red pepper powder
- 1⁄2 ounce cumin seed, ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- Mix all ingredients, cover and marinate overnight.
- Cook mixture in it's own juices till done, about 1 hour.
- Cool and bottle. Store in fridge.