Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Use pork, instead of veal and fat-free or low fat ingredients
Make and share this Pork Piccata (A Lighter Version) recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 ounces boneless center cut pork chops, trimmed (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped shallot
- 1 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided in half
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Dredge pork in breadcrumbs. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook the pork for 2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove pork from pan, Reduce heat to medium.
- Add shallots to pan, cook 30 seconds. Stir in broth and lemon juice, scraping pan to loosen the browned bits. Stir in 1 1/2 tablespoons parsley, capers, rind and black pepper, cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle pork with remaining parsley. Serve pork with sauce.