This recipe came from a Time-Life recipe book and originally called for veal; however, since veal is so expensive and difficult to come by, I use pork with the same very tasty results. I like to serve this with crusty French bread and a green salad.
- Pound chops between sheets of plastic wrap with flat side of meat mallet.
- Cut meat into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper.
- Dip pieces in flour mixture.
- Cut 6-8 paper thin slices of lemon.
- Set aside.
- Squeeze remaining lemon for juice (you should have about 1/4 cup).
- Brown pork pieces in olive oil and remove from pan.
- Pour in 1/2 cup of broth and deglze pan, Turn heat down to simmer, return meat to pan and place lemon slices on top of meat.
- Cover and simmer for 15 min.
- Remove lemon slices and discard.
- Remove meat from pan and keep warm.
- Add remaining broth, simmer for about 5 min.
- then add lemon juice, simmer a little longer; add a small blob of butter to the pan and swirl.
- This adds a nice gloss to the sauce.
- Return meat to pan to warm.