Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
For those who do not like veal here is an easy recipe with a nice sauce that is made by deglazing the pan with lemon juice and chicken broth.
- 1⁄3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless center cut pork chops, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped and divided
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the breadcrumbs in a shallow dish; dredge pork in crumbs.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the pork for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove pork from pan.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add shallots to pan and cook 30 seconds.
- Stir in broth and lemon juice, scraping the pan to loosen the browned bits.
- Stir in 1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, capers, lemon rind, and pepper; simmer 1 minute.
- Return pork to pan; cook 3 minutes or until thouroughly heated.
- Sprinkle with remaining parsley and garnish with lemon slices if you wish.
Good flavors and the ready-made breadcrumbs were great for weeknight. I made as directed, but pounded the chops to 1/4" thickness. Also, it was necessary to add about 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet after cooking the pork chops but before cooking the shallots because the bread crumbs had absorbed all of the oil. My heat may have been a little low. Thanks for posting.