Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This delicious main dish salad has a wonderful combination of flavors. It is perfect for speedy gourmet appeal. The times don't include marinating the meat, but the salad can be assembled simultaneously with the meat cooking.
- 10 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- 3 medium pears, cored and sliced (or try apples or grapes)
- 2 lbs boneless pork fillets (tenderloin cut into chops or country-style "ribs")
- 3 scallions, sliced (or try red or white onion separated into rings)
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled (or try feta or 1 oz Brie, in wedges)
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts (or try pecans or slivered almonds)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon deli style mustard (or try spicy brown or Dijon)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix up the Mustard Dressing in a screw top jar. Shake well.
- Pour half of it over the ribs in a shallow bowl to marinate.
- If the walnut pieces are large, break them up a bit. To roast them, place them in a glass bowl and microwave for one minute three separate times, letting them rest and cool in between each minute.
- Meanwhile, slice the scallions and pears. Divide the spinach among 6 plates. Arrange pear slices on spinach and sprinkle with scallions, cheese, and nuts.
- Preheat the broiler. Cook the ribs 14 minutes, turning them over halfway through the cooking time.
- When the ribs are cooked, cut them into thin slices and arrange on top of the salad.
- Serve with the remaining Mustard Dressing.