Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean pork, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons salad oil
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tiger sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 green pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 (4 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 2 -3 fresh bartlett pears
- 2 cups hot cooked or steamed rice
- Heat oil in large skillet till very hot.
- Add pork, a little at a time and saute till golden brown.
- Stir in water, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, tiger sauce, salt and pepper; cover and simmer 30-40 minutes till meat is tender.
- Discard garlic.
- Meanwhile, slice green pepper into 1 1/2 inch strips, slice onion lengthwise.
- Cut celery diagonally into 1/2 inch slices, slice chestnuts (thin).
- Blend cornstarch, sugar and lemon juice, stir into skillet.
- Heat, stirring constantly, till mixture is thickened and clear.
- Add green pepper, onion, celery and chestnuts to skillet, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, halve and core pears, slice lengthwise and fold into pork mixture.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.