Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I wanted chicken parmesan but, didn't have any chicken. I substituted pork and thought it turned out pretty well. Please feel free to add more seasonings or omit what you don't like.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork loin, cut in bite sized pieces
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 3⁄4 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 (32 ounce) jarplain spaghetti sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded parmesan cheese (or same amount of any other white cheese)
- In a shallow dish beat egg with milk.
- Set aside.
- In a one quart zip-lock bag add bread crumbs.
- Add pork a few pieces at a time coating well.
- Repeat above steps until all pork is coated.
- Add coated pork pieces a few at a time into egg/milk wash.
- Repeat above step until all pieces are coated with egg wash.
- Coat pork in bread crumbs again.
- In a medium-sized skillet, over medium heat, add oil.
- While oil is heating, cook pasta according to directions on package.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until desired tenderness.
- In a small bowl, combine all seasonings and spices.
- Add pork to skillet.
- Sprinkle seasoning over pork.
- Stirring lightly to coat all sides of pork, cook pork until no longer pink and lightly browned.
- If needed drain excess oil.
- Add spaghetti sauce to pork in skillet.
- Pour pasta into lightly buttered 13x9-inch dish.
- Pour pork and sauce mixture over pasta.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.
- Remove and let sit for 5 minutes.
Great recipe. It's a twist on something everyone has had...and it works! The only change I made was to thinly slice the pork instead of cubing it. This was so I could pick it out for the kids, cause heaven forbid they eat a meal the way I prepare it! Happy birthday to Al, and thanks for a delicious dinner!