Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
The filling for these paper thin snacks is pork, carrot, onion and garlic; the outer wrapper is a spring roll wrapper. Serve with sweet chilli sauce for chicken or plum sauce, plus lettuce and/or cucumber.
- 100 g pork (like chops or tenderloin, 3.5 oz)
- 30 g carrots
- 20 g onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 8 spring roll wrappers
- oil (for deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean the pork and chop it into pieces (you will blend it later anyway).
- Peel the carrot and garlic and slice the onion.
- Put all the chopped vegetables and pork together into a blender, add salt, sugar, light soy sauce and blend until smooth.
- Take 1 spring roll wrapper and cut diagonally into 2 equal sized triangles.
- Spread the mixture thinly and evenly onto each triangle.
- Add a top triangle of spring roll paper (to form a sandwich) seal the edges, and repeat until all the filling is used up.
- Heat the oil ready to deep fry.
- Drop the triangles one by one into the oil until they're crispy - approximately 1 minute. Remove and drain.