Recipe by afr0bunny
this recipe is great! i stole it from my boyfriend. it is flavorful and incredibly easy
- 1 lb lo mein noodles
- 8 (4 ounce) boneless pork chops
- 1 lb baby bok choy, quartered
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- cook, drain, and rinse lo mein- when cool, toss with 2 tbsp sesame oil and set aside.
- pound pork to 1/4 in thick in large saute pan, heat 1 tbsp each sesame and peanut oil over med-high heat.
- add bok choy and cook until golden brown (about 1 min per side).
- add ginger and garlic and stir constantly for 2 min.
- add soy, vinegar, sugar, water, and pepper flakes and simmer, partially covered, over med heat for 15 min.
- meanwhile, salt and pepper the pork and brown it in 1 tbsp peanut oil, keep it warm in the oven if you need to.
- toss the oiled lo mein with the scallions and sesame seeds and serve topped with the pork and bok choy.