Recipe by PanNan
A very quick and flavorful dish. The recipe was shared on another cooking website and has been a hit in our family.
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil
- 4 (4 ounce) pork cutlets or 4 (4 ounce) veal cutlets, pounded thin
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 sage leaves, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- parmesan cheese, shavings
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread the breadcrumbs on a piece of wax paper.
- Press both sides of the cutlets into the breadcrumbs, until coated.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add a little oil and cook the cutlets on each side until lightly browned and cooked.
- You may need to add a little oil to brown the other side.
- Stir the butter, garlic, and sage into the skillet.
- Cook for a minute.
- Add the chicken broth and sugar.
- Let it simmer down to about 1/3 cup.
- Add the vinegar and simmer a minute more.
- Pour the sauce over the cutlets and serve.
- If desired, use a potato peeler to make Parmesan shavings and garnish cutlets.