Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Pork marinated in a spicy dry curry. Cook time and prep time are quick. Pork should marinate for at least 4 hours for best flavor, but I have made this marinating the pork only as long as it took to chop the onion, and it was still delicious.
- 1 lb pork, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red chili powder (cayenne, etc)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 inch ginger, root peeled, pounded to a paste with a meat mallet
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 5 curry leaves (if available)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- Mix pork, chili powder, coriander, turmeric, black pepper, ginger, and yogurt in a bowl or plastic bag. Marinate 4 hours for best flavor.
- Cook pork on low heat in a covered pan/pot (dutch oven works great) with no water and as little oil as possible. Avoid excessive stirring.
- Remove pork when cooked. Increase pan to medium heat. Add and heat oil. Add mustard seeds and curry leaves and stir, cooking until fragrant.
- Add onion and cook until browned.
- Add pork to reheat.
- Serve hot with curried vegetables and basmati rice.