Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Thanks to Manitoba Vegetable Growers for this recipe
- 3 lbs pork, cubed (1 inch)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon savory
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced onions
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup turnip, cubed (1/2 inch)
- 1⁄2 cup parsnip, sliced
- 4 cups potatoes, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Brown pork in oil. Place in 3 1/2 qt casserole.
- Sprinkle over half of the seasonings.
- Arrange half of onions over meat.
- Top with carrots, turnip and parsnip.
- Arrange half of the potatoes over the vegetables.
- Cover with remaining onion and seasonings.
- Pour tomato sauce over all.
- Arrange remaining potatoes on top.
- cover and cook 350F 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Remove cover for last 45 mins to allow potatoes to brown.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and paprika.