Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found the basic idea for this recipe in a "TOH" "Country Pork Cookbook", it was sent in to them by Fern Leinweber from Longmont, Colorado.I had to change a few things due to what was on hand, and our personal tastes. For the green peppers, I used a small amount of freeze dried red and green peppers. If the finished recipe looks too thick, just add a little bit more milk to thin it out.Submitted to "ZAAR" on March 11,2009
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless pork, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green pepper, can use a mix of red and green
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (5 ounce) boxof scalloped potatoes
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add oil,pork,onion, and green pepper.
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper.
- Cook until onions and peppers are slightly tender and pork is lightly browned.
- Add water and milk to skillet, then add potatoes and seasoning packet.
- Bring to a boil,then reduce heat and cover.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring ocasionally.
This was fast and easy to make. My husband really liked it, I thought it was missing something, maybe a vegetable of some sort. Thanks for the recipe.