Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 1 min
i made this one up great in the winter.
- 8 center-cut pork chops (no bone)
- 1 head cabbage, cut into strips
- 8 large potatoes, quartered/peeled
- 5 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 large onions, large dice
- garlic powder
- dried thyme
- hot sauce
- water (enough to cover)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- cut chops in to 1 inch pieces.
- add all ingredients to big pot cover with water bring to a boil.
- simmer 1 hour.
- do not stir.
- when it's done add cornstarch to some water stir, add to stew stir being careful not to break up potatoes.
- cook 1 more min.
- serve with cornbread.
We loved this hearty stew! With the addition of cajun seasoning and plenty of the seasonings it called for it was very flavorful and will be made many times. I also used leftover pork loin roast in place of the chops and added one can of mushroom soup to half of this recipe to thicken instead of the cornstarch. Loved it!
Im sorry to say the dish looked and tasted bland,i made half the recipe size and it filled my biggest pot,and the 4 persons who ate,didn't like it.
I really loved this recipe but I gave it a little twist Simmer the pork with 6-8 beef cubesfor about 1 hr. add red potatoes&carrots simmer 20 min add cabbage&celery. me and my wife couldnt get enought just greeeeat!!!!!