Recipe by gina
i made this one up great in the winter.
Top Review by jeanieharding
We loved this hearty stew! With the addition of cajun seasoning and plenty of the seasonings it called for it was very flavorful and will be made many times. I also used leftover pork loin roast in place of the chops and added one can of mushroom soup to half of this recipe to thicken instead of the cornstarch. Loved it!
- 8 center-cut pork chops (no bone)
- 1 head cabbage, cut into strips
- 8 large potatoes, quartered/peeled
- 5 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 large onions, large dice
- garlic powder
- dried thyme
- hot sauce
- water (enough to cover)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- cut chops in to 1 inch pieces.
- add all ingredients to big pot cover with water bring to a boil.
- simmer 1 hour.
- do not stir.
- when it's done add cornstarch to some water stir, add to stew stir being careful not to break up potatoes.
- cook 1 more min.
- serve with cornbread.