Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a modified Boston Baked Beans recipe. I use a crockpot and let it simmer for 4-6 hours. This is always a BBQ favorite and is really easy to put together.
- Boil the beans for 2-3 hours to soften them up. They should have the consistency of a boiled peanut (a little stiff but not hard).
- Drain and reserve the liquid.
- Mix all the ingredients together in the crockpot. Use a large spoon so you don't break the beans.
- Turn the crockpot on high.
- Cover and let cook for 3-4 hours adding some of the bean liquid as needed to cover all the beans.
- Once the beans are soft, crack the lid of the crockpot to allow steam to escape. This will help thicken up your bean serving.