Recipe by I_love2nurse in Canada
This recipe is one of my favorites for using pork chops. The meal turns out to be very tasty and tender. I got this many years ago from Nova Scotia, where I am originally from.
Top Review by andypandy
I was going to make chicken for supper, so I did. I followed this recipe using fresh mushrooms, and chicken, then followed exactly as written instructions. Lightly browned chicken breast first and continued on. Cooking time was one hour total. Even though I did not use pork I am giving this five stars as the recipe and ingredients worked out all well together. Also using the chicken added more liquid which in the end had a thinner and richer sauce for my noodles.
- 4 -6 pork loin chops, 2cm thick (3/4-inch")
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- paprika, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 10 ounces condensed mushroom soup
- 10 ounces mushroom stems and pieces (I use fresh mushrooms)
- 1⁄3 cup water or 1⁄3 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chops with pepper and paprika.
- Saute chops at low temperature in butter.
- Season with salt after chops are brown.
- Transfer chops to baking dish or casserole.
- Combine celery, onions, parsley, soup mushrooms and water. Pour over chops.
- Cook covered in 180 C or 350 F oven for 30 minutes. Turn chops over and cook for another 30 minutes or until done and the meat is no longer pink.
- Serve with rice or noodles.