Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
A healthy, easy and down-home entree, this dish is tops. The pork doesn't have much fat, and it's wonderful with the apple slices and flavorful sauce.
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into 1 inch slices
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 apples, cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2⁄3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- Flatten pork slices to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Combine the thyme, paprika, salt and pepper; sprinkle over both sides of pork.
- Broil 3-4 inches from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until meat juices run clear; keep warm.
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onions and garlic in butter until tender.
- Add apples; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until apples are crisp-tender.
- Combine the cornstarch, broth and apple juice until smooth; stir into apple mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve with pork.