1/1 Photo of Pork Medallions With Olive and Caper Sauce
This delicious entrée belies the fact that it is low in fat and calories. I love the rich flavour the olives and the capers give to the tender pieces of pork.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, fillet trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pitted kalamata olive
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1Cut the pork crosswise into 8 pieces.
- 2Place each piece, one at a time, between two sheets of cling film and pound to ¼ inch thickness using a rolling pin or meat mallet.
- 3Sprinkle both sides with salt , pepper and the garlic granules.
- 4Dredge in flour, shaking off the excess.
- 5Heat 1 ½ TBS of the olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- 6Add half the pieces of pork and brown on each side.
- 7Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- 8Repeat with the other half of the meat and remaining olive oil.
- 9Return all the meat to the pan.
- 10Add the wine and broth and bring to a boil.
- 11Stir in the olives and capers; cooking for 4 minutes longer.
- 12Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Medallions With Olive and Caper Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.7
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 73.7 mg
- Sodium 612.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 25.2 g