Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another recipe from the blog Simply Recipes. http://www.elise.com/recipes/
- 453.59 g pork tenderloin, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 29.58 ml butter
- 118.29 ml shallot, sliced
- 473.18 ml low sodium chicken broth
- 59.16 ml whipping cream
- 44.37 ml drained capers
- 29.58 ml coarse-grained Dijon mustard
- Using meat mallet or rolling pin, flatten pork rounds slightly to an even 1/2-inch thickness (if the cuts aren't an even 1/2 inch). Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork to skillet and sauté until brown and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer pork to plate.
- Add shallots to skillet and stir 1 minute. Add chicken broth and cream. Boil until sauce is thick enough to coat spoon, stirring up browned bits, 3-5 minutes. Mix in capers and mustard. Return pork to sauce. Simmer mixture until pork is heated through, about 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Very good! Rinse the capers!
Delicious!! Easy yet impressive dish!!! This sauce is really good and I love how tender the pork medallions are cooked this way!! If you love capers, this recipe is for you!!