1/2 Photos of Pork Medallions With Mushroom Sauce
1 hr 5 mins
Noni Suzanne's Note:
Cutting the boneless chops into medallions and baking them in a creamy bath is a great way of overcoming the meat's inherent dryness. Sour cream provides plenty of moisture and richness, serving as the ideal flavor for sliced fresh mushrooms. Can be served over rice or noodles, if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boneless pork chops (thicker cut)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup crusting blends with panko breadcrumbs
- 4 -5 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1Preheat oven to 325.
- 2Cut each boneless pork chop into 2 pieces.
- 3In a shallow dish, combine the egg, water, rosemary, pepper, and garlic powder.
- 4Put the McCormick's Crusting Blends into a ziploc gallon bag. (I use the garlic, lemon and rosemary flavor, but you can use which ever you desire, or for that matter just seasoned bread crumbs).
- 5Dip the pork into the egg mixture, then into the bread crumbs, shaking until well coated.
- 6In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the pork in the oil for 5 minutes on each side. Remove to a 9 x 13 baking dish; keep warm in the oven.
- 7In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms in the butter until tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- 8Stir in the soup, sour cream, and broth.
- 9Pour mushroom and gravy mixture over the pork.
- 10Cover and bake until the pork is tender and the juices run clear when the pork is pierced with a fork; about 45 minutes.
- 11NOTE: Try this recipe with chicken or turkey cutlets in place of the pork (reduce cooking time slightly). You could even use beef steaks, if you like.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Medallions With Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (478 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 768.0
- Calories from Fat 465
- Total Fat 51.7 g
- Saturated Fat 20.2 g
- Cholesterol 249.2 mg
- Sodium 1133.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 50.0 g