Recipe by Rinder
I like this recipe for the flavours of orange and cranberries I like this recipe for the flavours of orange,cranberries and spices. Also this serves a large quantity or it can be reduced to serve less. Nice for a dinner party. Cook time is approx. as it depends on how long it takes to reduce the sauce.
Top Review by Broiler_dogTC
Ok, I was looking for a recipe for a special for work and I came across the site. This is great and so is the recipe. I charbroiled the loin after pounding out. I did not have cloves but had everything else. But what I did is save out some sauce in a squrit bottle before adding the oranges. Served it with a dried cherry risotto and sauteed asparagus. I sat the loins against the risotto in some sauce and drizzled some sauce on the pork. Used rosemary and mandrine oranges as garnish. Thank you so much for the idea
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 24 good-size pork medallions
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 (1 ounce) can mandarin orange, liquid reserved
- 1 1⁄2 cups marsala wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups cranberries or 1 1⁄2 cups cranberry sauce
- rosemary sprig, for garnishing
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saute pan over medium high heat, melt half the butter in all of the olive oil.
- Season pork with the salt and pepper.
- Saute the pork for 10-12 minutes on each side until well browned and cooked through. (This can be done in batches).
- Remove and keep warm in a 200°F oven.
- Melt remaining butter in the pan& add the garlic, rosemary, cinnamon, cloves, brown sugar and 1/3 cup of the mandarin orange liquid.
- Simmer, stirring for a few seconds, then add the Marsala, bring to a boil.
- Boil until the sauce is reduced by about half and thickened.
- Lower heat to medium.
- Add cranberries, cook until they burst (1-2 minutes). Add mandarin oranges.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat thoroughly and spoon sauce over medallions.
- Garnish with sprigs of rosemary and serve.