Recipe by chia
you can make this for a dinner party using a whole loin, wrapped in pancetta, roasted at 375. but this is the quickie weeknight version. serve this with mashed potatoes and a green veggie.
- 16 slices pancetta
- 8 pork medallions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled gorgonzola
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- fresh parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- wrap 2 slices of pancetta around eack medallion, secure with twine or toothpicks.
- melt butter and oil in a large skillet.
- add garlic, saute for 1 minute, remove and discard.
- sprinkle medallions with salt and pepper.
- cook until brown on both sides, 5-10 minutes per side.
- add vegetable stock and gorgonzola, simmer 10-15 minutes until sauce is very creamy.
- add walnuts to sauce.
- remove twine (toothpicks) from the medallions, put 2 on each plate,spoon sauce over, garnish with parsley.