Chef #680297's Note:
Yummy pork tenderloin with a surprisingly elegant finish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 small dried mission figs, stemmed
- 1 cup tawny port
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin, trimmed and sliced into 1-inch-thick medallions (1-1 1/4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1Place figs in a small microwavable bowl and cover with port. Cover the bowl and microwave on High for 3 minutes.
- 2Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until soft and translucent, 4 to 6 minutes. Add broth, thyme, bay leaf and the fig-port mixture. Bring to a boil and cook until reduced by half, 10 to 12 minutes. Season with vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 3Sprinkle both sides of pork medallions with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper and dredge lightly with flour, shaking off the excess.
- 4Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the medallions and cook until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Add the reserved fig-port sauce; bring to a simmer and cook until the pork is cooked, but still a little pink in the center, about 2 minutes. The sauce should be syrupy. If not, remove the medallions with a slotted spoon to a platter and tent with foil to keep warm. Boil the sauce until its reduced and syrupy. Discard the bay leaf. Serve the sauce over the medallions.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Medallions With Fig & Port Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.0
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 82.0 mg
- Sodium 309.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 28.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried mission figs