Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From "Cuisine at Home," Feb. 2007. A quick, lowfat dinner using pork tenderloin. On my "to-try" list.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 2-inch thick medallions, seasoned with salt
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Sear pork 5 minutes on each side, or until brown.
- Add cider, wine, and vinegar; bring to a boi, cover and cook 5 minutes. Remove lid, reduce heat to medium, and simmer 5 more minutes, turning pork occasionally.
- Transfer medallions to a plate, season with pepper, and tent with foil to keep warm. Simmer liquids until reduced to 1/2 cup (8 to 10 minutes), then spoon over pork.