1/3 Photos of Pork Medallions With Cherry Sauce
I tried this recipe yesterday. I used dried cranberries instead of cherries. They were cheaper. It's from Cooking Light. This recipe is a hearty meal for 2. I used 1 whole pork tenderloin and it gives more.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces pork tenderloin, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple jelly
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 1Combine first 3 ingredients in a heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag. Add pork slices. Seal bag; shake well. Remove pork from bag, shake off excess flour.
- 2Combine apple juice and next 4 ingredients in a 2-cup glass measure; set aside.
- 3Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add pork; cook 1 minute on each side or until browned. Remove pork from pan.
- 4Add apple juice mixture to pan; bring to a boil, scrapping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook 5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Return pork to pan, reduce heat and cook 1 minute. Sprinkle with green onions.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Medallions With Cherry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.0
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 74.8 mg
- Sodium 437.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 15.8 g
- Protein 24.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth