I got this off of Food Network, from Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger. Made is for some friends and they loved it, not leftovers here!
- Season the pork medallions with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over a medium-high heat and cook the meat until there is just a slight blush in the center about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the meat to a plate and tent with foil.
- Add the remaining teaspoon of oil and the shallots to the pan and saute until they begin to soften, about 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt and the cherries and cook until the liquid is reduced by half, about 4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour the sauce over the pork medallions and serve.