Recipe by TiffyMadrox
I got this off of Food Network, from Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger. Made is for some friends and they loved it, not leftovers here!
Top Review by Nurse Morgan
Tiffany, this was great! That pork was so tender I could cut it with a spoon. I think the cherries are a creative touch as well. Thanks for coming over to our place and making it! Come back and bring your pork-cooking skills with you any time! (Husband-o-meter score: 10 out of 10)
- 1 1⁄4 lbs pork tenderloin, sliced into 1/2-inch thick medallions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 3⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup dried tart cherry
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the pork medallions with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over a medium-high heat and cook the meat until there is just a slight blush in the center about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the meat to a plate and tent with foil.
- Add the remaining teaspoon of oil and the shallots to the pan and saute until they begin to soften, about 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt and the cherries and cook until the liquid is reduced by half, about 4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour the sauce over the pork medallions and serve.