Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
this is elegant but so quick and easy. your guests will never know. adapted from cooking light
Make and share this pork medallions with cherry port sauce recipe from Food.com.
- combine the first 4 ingredients heat oil in a skillet.
- sprinkle pork with salt and pepper and saute for 5 minutes on each side, in batches, until cooked through, set aside.
- add port mixture to pan and scrape up browned bits.
- bring to a boil and cook for 3-5 minutes until reduced to 1/2 cup.
- remove from heat and whisk in butter.
- serve sauce over pork, garnish with fresh parsley.
Easy and quick. And candy sweet.
What a perfect entree! Everyone at the little dinnr party loved it -- no leftovers whatsoever. I used dried cranberries and plum jam and skipped the oil, just searing the pork in a very hot dry pan. I also cracked a few junipr berries along with the peppercorns and sprinkled that on the pork before searing. The proportions of wine/fruit/jam/mustard are perfect and the tablespoon of butter is just right to finish the sauce. Fabulous, Chia!
This was great. I did "mess with" the sauce. Had no raspberry jam; and added 1/2 cup chopped onions and some thyme and rosemary.