Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the North American Precis Syndicate as published in the St. Louis Press Journal.
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut in 1 inch slices
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely snipped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon dry breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Sprinkle pork with pepper.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook pork slices, turning once, 2-4 minutes until browned. Transfer pork in single layer to baking sheet.
- In small bowl, mix together blue cheese, chives and crumbs, breaking any large pieces of cheese into crumbs.
- Top pork slices evenly with cheese mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven 10-12 minutes until internal temperature is 155 degrees.
I wish-wish-WISH I could give more than 5 stars!! This is one of the VERY BEST recipes I have made from Zaar. It was so tender and melt in your mouth good. It just smelled tantalizing while in the oven and we stuffed ourselves on it. Thank you for a wonderful meal that will quickly become a regular in our family!!! (I didn't have fresh chives and neither did the store so I had to use dried chives... they worked just fine.)