1/2 Photos of Pork Medallions With Apples and Cider
A great little pork recipe using hard cider from "Eat Fresh, Stay Healthy: An A to Z Guide to Buying and Cooking Fruits and Vegetables."by Sam Gugino. Note: To clarify butter, put a pound of butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Gently simmer 5 minutes, remove from the heat and cool 5 minutes. Skim off the top layer of foam. Pour the clarified butter gently into a bowl. Stop when you reach the milky white solids on the bottom of the pan. Don't throw out the milky solids. They're delicious on cooked vegetables. clarified butter keeps several weeks in the refrigerator.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless pork chops or 1 (8 ounce) pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/2 tablespoon clarified butter (see notes in description)
- 1 firm granny smith apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup hard apple cider or 1/2 cup non-alcoholic sparkling apple cider
- 1Cut tenderloin into 1" discs if using.
- 2Put pork between wax paper and pound until about 1/4" inch thick. You should have about 6 slices if using tenderloin.
- 3Combine flour with ginger, nutmeg and salt & pepper to taste. Dredge pork and shake off excess.
- 4In a non-stick skillet large enough to hold cutlets comfortably in one layer, heat clarified butter over medium heat. When hot, add pork and cook about 3 minutes on each side.
- 5Remove cutlets to a warm platter or serving plates. Add apples to the skillet. Cook a few minutes, turning to brown evenly. Add cider and raise heat to medium-high. As soon as the sauce is absorbed by apples and slightly thickens, pour over pork.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Medallions With Apples and Cider
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.3
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 131.5 mg
- Sodium 90.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 41.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hard apple cider