1/2 Photos of Pork Medallions With Apple-Apricot Chutney
Lorrie in Montreal's Note:
Serve with Rice or Spaetzle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into 8 equal pieces and pounded 1/4-inch thick
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions
- 3/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 1/4 cups chopped peeled granny smith apples (about 2 medium)
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricot, plus
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup apple juice, plus
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 1Sprinkle both sides of the pork pieces with some of the salt and pepper.
- 2Set aside.
- 3To make the chutney, coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and add the onion.
- 4Cover and cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes, until the onion starts to soften (add a little water if the skillet becomes too dry).
- 5Add the apples, apricots, vinegar, ginger, mustard, and about 1/3 cup of the apple juice.
- 6Cover and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the apples and onions are tender and the apricots are plumped.
- 7Remove the mixture from the skillet and set aside.
- 8Wipe out the skillet, and then coat with the olive oil and preheat over medium-high heat.
- 9Add the pork and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until nicely browned and no longer pink inside.
- 10Remove the pork from the skillet and set aside to keep warm.
- 11Return the apple mixture to the skillet and add the remaining apple juice.
- 12Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat and cook for a couple of minutes, stirring frequently, until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- 13To serve, place 2 pork medallions on each of 4 serving plates and top with some of the chutney and a sprinkling of scallions.
- 14Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Medallions With Apple-Apricot Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.2
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 74.8 mg
- Sodium 205.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 16.1 g
- Protein 24.3 g