Recipe by wife2abadge
easy and healthy! I just use a 15 oz can of chopped tomatoes instead of seeding fresh ones. Each serving has 332 calories, 4.6 g fat, 3.5 g fiver, 55 mg cholesterol, and 55 mg sodium
Top Review by morgainegeiser
This was a relatively simple recipe to prepare and it used an interesting combination of ingredients. I did feel the nutmeg/cinnamon flavor did overpower the dish slightly - next time I will cut those two spices back a little. Otherwise, quite good.
- 12 ounces pork tenderloin, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups seeded and chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup defatted low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups wide egg noodles, cooked and hot
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle both sides of the pork slices with oregano and pepper.
- Add the oil to a large no-stick skillet and heat over med heat.
- Add pork to skillet and cook for 2 minutes. Turn the slices over and cook 2-4 more minutes or until pork is no longer pink.
- Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add the onions to the skillet and cook & stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, broth, lemon peel, garlic, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated.
- To serve, place the noodles on a large platter.
- Sprinkle with the parsley and arrange pork on top.
- Spoon the tomato mixture on top of the pork.