Recipe by dicentra
This is from my Eat Well Stay Well cookbook. I haven’t tried it yet, but I’m typing it up for ZWT II. This recipe is an adaptation of the classic veal version. Serves 4.
Top Review by Karen in Toronto
My fiance loved it, but I found it bland, even with the lemon. Next time I will season the meat or use a better quality parmesan. I fried it right through and it was still nice and light. Thanks for posting.
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 egg white
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut crosswise in 4 pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 lemon wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400. Place the parmesan on a sheet of waxed paper. Place the breadcrumbs on another sheet. In a small bowl, beat the egg white with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Dredge the pork in the parmesan, pressing it on. Dip the pork in the egg white, then in the bread crumbs, patting the crumbs into the pork.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over moderate heat. Add the pork and cook for 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and crisp.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with lemon wedges.