Rick B(2)'s Note:
This is a "Bed and Breakfast" recipe which I have made several times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove all visible fat and tough sinew from the pork tenderloin. Cut the meat crosswise into 1-1 1/2 inch medallions.
- 2Place each medallion, cut sie up, on a cutting board between two pieces of plastic wrap. Flatten with broad side of a wide knife or rolling pin to a thickness of 1/4 inch. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3Heat oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large non-stick skillet. Saute the medallions 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove to a platter and keep warm.
- 4Let skillet cool slightly. Add shallots to oil and butter mixture remaining in skillet and cook 1 minute. Add mushrooms and cook 1 minute. Add sherry, chicken stock and vinegar. Bring mixture to a boil and boil rapidly until liquid is reduced by half. Turn off heat.
- 5Cut remaining tablespoon of butter into small chunks and stir into sauce. Adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper or more vinegar if desired.
- 6Serve pork medallions covered in mushroom sauce.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Medallions in Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 512.1
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 147.4 mg
- Sodium 466.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 43.5 g