1/3 Photos of Pork Medallions Dijon
This recipe is quick enough to make on a weeknight, and yummy enough for company! The crushed black peppercorns are key....do not grind them into a fine mix. Take the peppercorns and put them into a non-breakable flat pan (like a metal pie pan), cover with a dish cloth or napkin, and pound them with a wooden or rubber mallet so that they are crushed or cracked, not ground. Yummy, yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the pork tenderloin into 1/2 inch thick slices. Dredge the tenderloin slices in flour.
- 2Melt the butter in a large skillet, and brown the tenderloin slices in the melted butter over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove tenderloin slices to a serving platter, reserving the drippings in the skillet. Keep the tenderloin slices warm. (I like to put them on top of a heating pad, covered with foil).
- 3Add the vinegar and crushed peppercorns to the drippings. Cook over medium-high heat until the liquid is reduced to 2 tablespoons. Reduce the heat to medium. Add the whipping cream; cook for 15 minutes or until the mixture is reduced to 1 1/2 cups, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and stir in the mustard.
- 4Serve the tenderloin slices with the warm sauce.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Medallions Dijon
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 687.4
- Calories from Fat 535
- Total Fat 59.5 g
- Saturated Fat 35.0 g
- Cholesterol 260.7 mg
- Sodium 396.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 27.4 g