Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is quick enough to make on a weeknight, and yummy enough for company! The crushed black peppercorns are key....do not grind them into a fine mix. Take the peppercorns and put them into a non-breakable flat pan (like a metal pie pan), cover with a dish cloth or napkin, and pound them with a wooden or rubber mallet so that they are crushed or cracked, not ground. Yummy, yummy!
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar or 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 8 black peppercorns, crushed
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- Cut the pork tenderloin into 1/2 inch thick slices. Dredge the tenderloin slices in flour.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet, and brown the tenderloin slices in the melted butter over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove tenderloin slices to a serving platter, reserving the drippings in the skillet. Keep the tenderloin slices warm. (I like to put them on top of a heating pad, covered with foil).
- Add the vinegar and crushed peppercorns to the drippings. Cook over medium-high heat until the liquid is reduced to 2 tablespoons. Reduce the heat to medium. Add the whipping cream; cook for 15 minutes or until the mixture is reduced to 1 1/2 cups, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and stir in the mustard.
- Serve the tenderloin slices with the warm sauce.
Yum. This was simple and really good. Like another reviewer, my sauce curdled when I added the cream, so I opted to make my standard gravy instead. But the taste was great and we really enjoyed it. Thanks breezer, for sharing. Congrats again on your football win.
My sauce curdled when I stirred the cream into the vinegar drippings so it was not as nice as the photos. However the pork itself was fabulous and a great way to use up some pork that was in the freezer. We just served the "sauce" on the side and dipped it. The taste was fine, but the appearance and texture were just not perfect. The pork WAS perfect and tender!
This was great!!!! The sauce was delectable! Made for ZWT 6 and the Looney Spoon Phoodies!