Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This meatloaf always comes out moist and tasty, any leftovers can be served on a bun with sauce. It's a great alternative to regular meatloaf with a little bit of sweetness. You don't have to have the sauce with it, it's good on it's own.
- 1 large apple, peeled,grated (1 cup)
- 1 lb ground lean pork (or pork/beef, pork/chicken blend)
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 pinch dried sage
- salt and pepper
- 1 -2 medium chopped onion (1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups beef or 1 1⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped dill
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider or 1⁄4 cup apple juice (or wine, if you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine apple, meat, onion, bread crumbs, egg, parsley and sage.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Press into an 8" x 4" loaf pan or free-form into a loaf shape.
- Bake for 1 hour, drain off any melted fat.
- While meatloaf is baking, start onion gravy by cooking onions in the butter until carmalized, about 5 to 10 minutes, depending on how dark you like them.
- Stir in the flour, until it looks kind of like a paste.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, continually stirring.
- When meatloaf is ready, take it out of the oven and let it sit for approximately 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve with onion gravy.